In December 1934, a group of developers from the RLM in the presence of the Secretary of State of the Ministry of Aviation Milch, which led to the adoption of an important decision regarding the future of aircraft weapons. The development of rotary-wing aircraft was recognized as an important area, so the ongoing work on the development of such machines had to be accelerated in every possible way. The group's work plan, dated December 1935, listed Fi 184, Fw 61, Project Fw (later designated Fw 186) and LC 30 (licensed production at Focke Wulf ).
C 30 is worth noting due to the fact that the fleet was interested in it as a ship-based aircraft. It was a pure autogyro, developed by Juan Sierva since 1933. As for the production, the Focke-Wulf company in 1933 did not receive the rights to the licensed construction of this apparatus. Negotiations for a licensed assembly began in 1935, initially with Hamurger Flugzeugbau G.m.b.H. (abbreviated as Ha, later called Blohm und Voss), however, everything stopped for financial reasons. The Focke-Wulf company joined the negotiations in July 1935. The start of the licensed assembly at Focke-Wulf was postponed to December 1935 due to problems with determining the exchange rate, after which it was considered that the proposed funds would be enough to pay for licenses for assembling 36 From 30.
Preliminary tests of the C 30 on the ship began in November 1936, at the Travemunde test base. The tests ended in failure due to the unsatisfactory characteristics of the prototype, in particular, poor resistance to gusts of wind and poor visibility from the cockpit when landing on sites of limited size. In this regard, further attempts to adapt the C 30 to military service were discontinued.
Anton Flettner (Anton Flettner) became famous in 1917 thanks to the aerodynamic device he developed, called "Flettner's flap" (a small steering surface, pivotally suspended from the trailing edge of the rudder or aileron, and the boar by its rigid thrust is pivotally connected to the boar on the wing. When the rudder or aileron is deflected, the Flettner flap is automatically deflected by a certain angle in the opposite direction, due to which aerodynamic compensation is carried out.). Another of his ideas was the "Flettner rotor" - a device that ensured the movement of ships due to the force of the wind, which was not widely used.
Flettner began work on his first experimental helicopter in the early 30s of the last century. Above a relatively small fuselage was a two-bladed propeller with a diameter of 30.5 m. The blades were supported by wire braces, fixed to a special rack that rose above the propeller hub and rotated with it. Anzani engine with 30 hp, driving a traction propeller, was mounted on the outside of each blade. As a result, there was no need to compensate for the reactive moment of the main rotor (HB). The engine was supplied with fuel from a pipe-shaped tank mounted in front of or behind the engine.
The wood and plywood prototype was assembled by the Grünau-based Segelflugzeugbau Edmund Snider company in 1934. It was destroyed the same year while attempting to fly on a leash.
Translation and editing of the text by Petr Klunduk