Patrol Flying Boat
The Potez-CAMS 141 was developed by the Chantiers Aéro-Maritimes de la Seine (CAMS), part of Potez since 1933, in accordance with the 1935 French Navyspecification for a long-range naval reconnaissance boat intended to replace obsolete aircraft such as the Breguet. Intended to equip the French Navy, only one prototype was completed before the German invasion of France and production ceased. This prototype, however, operated on-line from bases in French North Africa.
Structurally, it was a strut-braced all-metal high-wing with a wing mounted above the fuselage, with a two-fin tail. The power plant consisted of four 930s located in the wing - strong twelve-cylinder V-shaped liquid-cooled Hispano-Suiza 12 Y-26 and Y-27 engines, which differed in the direction of rotation of three-bladed propellers. The underwing floats were non-retractable.