Aviation of Word War II

Home Russian

Piaggio

Piaggio was founded in 1884 in Genoa by Senator Rinaldo Piaggio as a sawmill and woodworking company. The funds for its creation were allocated by E. Piaggio (cavaliere E. Piaggio) - the father of the company founder, a large ship owner. In 1915, the company, known by that time for its high-speed boats for the Italian fleet, opened an aircraft building department. The latter initially acted as a subcontractor, but soon after the end of the First World War, it took its rightful place among manufacturers of aircraft of all types (including all-metal ones), as well as aircraft engines, propellers and other aviation equipment.